Wednesday 18 April 2012

This blog is now sugar free

‘Sugar free’ shit pisses me off.

So today I went out and bought myself a few chocolate Easter eggs is the sale before the all disappear, because hey, it’s Easter and I like chocolate. Much to my annoyance, however, all of the Easter eggs available had a big yellow notice on the front saying ‘No added sugar... for those wanting to reduce their sugar intake.’

Here’s a revolutionary idea for people who are concerned about their weight, I’ll give this one out for free: Stop eating shitty food and exercise more! Do people seriously think that switching to ‘no added fucking sugar’ chocolate instead of the regular stuff is going to make them shed pounds? Are they under the assumption that Diet Coke is as healthy as volcanic motherfucking spring water?

What upsets me more, however, is that the fault does not entirely lay with the people consuming this shit. No, no, the bloody food corporations would have a heart attack is anyone with an image problem started to actually eat healthy, because they wouldn’t touch their processed crap with a 50ft barge pole, loaded with more preservatives that Joan Rivers’ FACE.

Seriously, it’s as if society as a whole is in denial. We’re not living in some kind of fantasy world where you can do what you want and suffer no consequences for it. If you have image problems and you want to be thinner then you have to make sacrifices for it. If you don’t have image problems then good for you, the world needs more people with confidence. There’s no easy way out, you can’t simply eat whatever the fuck you want just because it claims to be ‘sugar free’ or a ‘healthy option’, because it’s all utter, marketed garbage preying upon innocent but lazy people and spreading complacency.

We have to work for everything we get in this life; the big corporations aren’t going to give you a helping hand along the way, they just going to try and bleed you of every penny you earn, feeding you with false hope for change that never comes.

A healthy lifestyle comes from preparing your own food from scratch, as well as getting a decent amount of exercise. And it’s not always fair because some people have to work harder at it than others, but that’s just how it fucking is, deal with it. It’s hard work sometimes, preparing your own food several times a day, day-in day-out, can be a pain in the arse, but a little extra effort is the only way you can achieve anything, stop being so fucking lazy, you... group of people I may be addressing!

Nobody is going to spoon feed you your personal triumphs! Fight for what you want!

Besides, that shit is nasty anyway. Diet shit takes like a goddamn chemical factory in a bottle, and don't anybody try to tell me otherwise, bunch of wierdos with barely functional tastebuds.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah i agree, to me that whole Diet thing for chocolate and such was always just this obscure construct of some madmen who think stuffing a flower into a tank makes it less dangerous. It just reeks with fake, usually even tastes fake.

    I don't know either what is going on in the heads of these people, but i would like to know. The next time im in a supermarket I'll just go up to some random person picking up that stuff and ask what he/she thinks he/she would achieve with that :3

    "Nobody is going to spoon feed you your personal triumphs! Fight for what you want!"

    Word!
    I wonder, people like that must hear such messages sometimes, do they really just ignore reality and continue to live in an unsafe vacuum? I guess i'll have to ask them that aswell xD

    Did you already think about some plan to get more readers? I mean, i do feel flattered to be like the only one here actually reading and making comments (atleast that's how i feel), but i wish there were more people that would hear your thoughts and stories, and making some nice comments aswell :3

    I mean, if i can help you, that'd be great. Please say if you need me^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt that there will be a lot for me to say on consumer culture in the future, perhaps not right away but it will come. It's a topic which really riles me up.

      I actually have about 3 dozen regular readers at the moment, which isn't too bad considering I only started last week.

      Still, it is unfortunate that most of them aren't commenting. It would be nice to hear from more people, possible promote discussion, etc.

      You hear that, readers? Comment moar, I want to know who you are!

      I should probably take some time to spruce the place up a bit, too. It's rather bare-bones at the moment.

      Delete
  2. As of today, KodKod, you are +1 Readers. Just read this one entry but it is highly entertaining and on point with my own feeling about so-called "diet" foodstuffs. Along this vein, "healthy" microwave dinners such as "HealthyChoice" and "Lean Cuisine" which have so much salt it should probably be illegal. Diet chocolate though? really? I haven't seen them where I live but I don't eat a lot of sweets but I'll keep a look out for them and might actually go up to someone trying to buy these diet chocolates if I see them.

    Keep up the good work! Bookmarking now, and will go through the list of entries back in time and read on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you. What upsets me the most, I think, is that all of these 'slimming' food products are filling vulnerable people with self-image issues false-hope as if it that was an okay thing to do.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... And here I assumed that was an American mentality. Good (and sad) to know it's not just us obsessed with all this useless crap :p

    +1 Bargs Point to you, dear lady! :p

    ReplyDelete